Attention General Hearing Customers
General Hearing Instruments is now SoftTouch Labs! We still offer the same complete line of Tranquil tinnitus products, custom hearing aids, and friendly customer service. To visit our new corporate website and view our complete line of products, click on our link below. For immediate needs, please call us at: (504) 442-4999
For direct to consumer devices and accessories, please visit our ReadyWear Express site at:
SoftTouch Labs offers…
- Prescription hearing aids are customized, by an audiologist, to fit a specific hearing loss.
- Non-prescription hearing aids are pre-programmed an average setting and intended for use by individuals with a mild-to-moderate, high frequency hearing loss.
- Tinnitus sound generators produce a soft, soothing broadband white or broadband pink noise. Used in conjunction with a TRT program toprovided tinnitus relief .
- Spinstation hearing aid cleaning system is a patented, lab quality centrifugal accelerator that spins wax, dead skin, and other debris out of hearing instruments. This proven design effectively ejects ear wax from ITEs, canal, and OTE/BTE devices. Saves you (and your patients) time by repairing a weak or dead device on the spot in just minutes!
- Patented Soft Hearing Aids patented medical grade silicone body hearing aids for unmatched comfort. Soft devices are available in custom hearing aids and tinnitus sound generators.
- Ask about our SmartWear custom electronic sound protectors. These devices have been very popular among hunters and gun enthusiasts. They allow shooters to hear normal or amplified speech but blocks dangerous impact noise such as a gun blast.
Visit us today at our brand new site: softtouchlabs.com
"- Rhett V. , 35 yr old male
I have recommended these to everyone I come in contact with whether they need them or not and I even bought a set for my grandmother. If you’re on the fence as to whether or not to get these, please know that this will be the single greatest purchase in your life. You absolutely will not regret it."
"- Chris B. , San Francisco, CA
The GHI hearing aid was supposed to be my back up instrument since I was concerned that if my Widex 440 Mind instrument was lost or damaged I would just have to tough it out. As it turns out I like the Simplicity HIFI 270 much more, and the Widex has been relegated to 2nd place."
"- LAD , Albany, NY
The best prices on the planet for digital and analog instruments that won’t send you to the poor house. 90 days to see if they work or need another type of device. I highly recommend General Hearing if you’re capable of troubleshooting fit and finish to suit your needs. They will help you work it out so you can hear again!"
"- Eddie W , North Carolina
Just wanted to let you folks know what a great product you have. After having tried other devices at price ranges between $3300 and $7000, I’m floored that your Simplicity OTE performs better than any of them at less than $1000."
"- Richard B. , January 2103
As a new purchaser of your “Simplicity-Premier Design” hearing aid, I had to thank you. Your “niche” approach to the economics of hearing impairment IS appreciated."
"- Gary J. , Ontario, CA
This ‘Spin Doctor’ has been one of the finest and most useful pieces of test equipment we’ve ever used…"
"- Linda J. , Jacksonville, FL
I absolutely LOVE my hearing aids… I recently had my purse stolen and my black pouch and cleaning tool was stolen…I called the General Hearing company and explained my dilemma and they were more than willing to help and didn’t even charge me and I REALLY needed that… Thanks so much!"
Recent PublicationsWe welcome you to browse our collection of informative articles and helpful links.
It is our goal to educate you and share a wealth of knowledge we have learned throughout our 26 years of business along with other resourceful information.
Visit the following professional hearing organizations for more specific information on hearing related disorders:
About General Hearing
We have been providing custom hearing aids, tinnitus therapy devices and other hearing related products to the hearing industry since 1985. As an highly innovative company, we have developed and patented several important applications for hearing instruments.
We promote the advancement of hearing technology as we fund important research and development work with respected professionals and universities. Our hearing instruments are proudly hand-crafted in the USA.
We sincerely hope our products improve the quality of your life!